Copper Heatsink Feeler

I have 3 Convoy C8’s. I wouldn’t mind copper in them.

If possible, I’d prefer a heatsink for the S2 triple as well since there is more space for a bigger heatsink.

The longest one I have is a Samsung 26F from Fasttech, exactly 70mm long.

Have you gotten a quote yet? What price point are you thinking the S2+ triple pill would run?

I too would like a copper triple pill for the convoy S series. I would be in for several.

A heavy Cu pill, 17mm long would be ideal. The finished assembly with Noctigon and optic would be 25.5mm long. It would be nice if the shelf for the driver is not too deep, just the thickness of the driver, for ease in soldering the driver in, and removing it if necessary.

This should fit both S2 and S2+ and possibly others with a little juggling of springs and lenses.

Note. Rey has pills that fit the convoy s2+ (In his ti BLF host thread). If he is making extra to sell this may be redundant.

Right. My only concern was if the inner diameter changed when he adjusted for the trits. The prototype apparently had S threads. It would be perfect if the production model is the same.

Oh! Good point!

Guys have a link to his heatsink/build ?

…info is scattered throughout the “Discussion Thread”

I am not sure he actually committed to making the pills available beyond the “First BLF Ti Light.”

I asked that very question a few hours ago, we’ll see what he says.

Whether from Rey or Nitro, i am very interested in getting a copper triple for S2+

Makes a very sweet light!

thats a nice looking light, i dont have a S2 host but is the head the same size ?

That’s a Convoy S2+ 18350. The head is identical with the S2+ 18650.
For example, the head from the cool looking red 18650 screws right onto the 18350 and works just fine.

The pills of the S2 and S2+ and S7 and probably others are threaded the same.
Looks to be close to 7/8” x 20 (loose fit)
The S2 has 8mm pill and 18mm reflector
The S2+ has 13mm pill and 11mm reflector - better for heat but smaller reflector.

So the difference is only approx 2mm. I have interchanged engines between models with springs taking up the slack.
I would think 16 to 17mm Triple pill would fit both S2 and S2+ models fairly well, perhaps with a little mild adjusting.

Edit: A side note, it appears that the ReyLight pill IS S Series compatible.

S2+ (left)

u guys think 21mm deep of a heatsink is to long ? and go with 16-17mm long ?

i just used my cheap calipers and inserted the triple optic and board and measured from the bottom to the top and left little room for the body to screw on to it. But if it is i can always experiment with t :)

Any updates in the S2+ copper pill?

I’d buy 2 C8

The Russian seems to be making them and selling individually again.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/Copper-pill-slug-triple-XP-E2-XP-G2-Nichia-92CRI-to-Convoy-S2-S3-EagleEye-X2/262156555040?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&\_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&\_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211125758%26meid%3D28aabf317ccd41c899fb047f3fcd9067%26pid%3D100068%26clkid%3D1856754477764131336&\_qi=RTM2108002

I want one for a jax Z1 but didn’t see this light in the list. :bigsmile:

what is the height of the of the lens and the triple led mpcb?