Fasttech server also crashes?

+1

Yep and what is really funny is that when they both first came around I was really down on Wallbuys and loved FT. But Wallbuys has stepped up it’s game and FT just keeps slipping.

Their site will load every page except the one i want, would not give the discount then froze completely, now will load every page except what i want and i assume the discount is gone

I used to like them a lot, now i am starting to change my mind

I´ve had to complain to FT a couple of times and it seems to be so hard for them to get anything done. This was my first complaint to wallbuys and they responded really fast and actually fixed their error. This really amazes me and lifts wallbuys to a whole new level of goodness!

Just shot a ticket to FT about this s*it, really funny to see if/what they respond and will they match wallbuys service. I seriously doubt this :Sp

I aimed for the Nitecore BC2 but couldn’t get it, at least I did successfully ordered the $0.01 FT flashlight.

Now this is a bit of conspiratorial. Sometimes they really make me suspect that whether they did purposely “crashed” the server, and come back as “0” stock left?

i didn’t see any 0 stock left signs but i wondered too if they might have sabotaged it though why should they since the sale was their idea

Perhaps in Costa Rica, someone had time:).

http://geoip.flagfox.net/?ip=190.93.243.97&host=www.fasttech.com

Yes it was shown as “0” stock left but you could still order it in regular link with normal price, I didn’t take the screenshot though so I can’t show it here, sorry.

The reason they [POSSIBLY] sabotage it was simple: they didn’t want to lose much! They organized this just to attract customer’s attention and create a subject of talk to people. When I ordered from their sales websites their server was paralyzed and no matter how fast the internet speed was I just couldn’t access anything at all. This has nothing to do with personal internet connection stability I believe, and this is why it leaves me thinking did anyone REALLY able to snatch the items as the system was already down?

I am not an IT expert at all so maybe those who had successfully made their orders might have certain techniques to load the page faster and more efficient than the others? Someone who know well about internet and system may need to chime in here to help with our future orders. :smiley:

I seriously doubt it as Fasttech customer service is going downhill lately… it took them 4 days before they answer my e-mail.
surprisingly Wallbuys customer service is going up…I think we should petition to put Wallbuys back to our forum( with one condition… no more shills ) and Ban Fasttech for lousy service heh.heh… J)

Hmm. I think i saw a cloudfare redirection if I am not wrong. It should be some kind of site protection that has kicked in because of mass simultaneous connections. FT own me one L4!

i didnt even know there was a fasttech sale lol

I would be happy to see Wallbuys back but I don’t think they know how to NOT spam people. I don’t mind it but I know many people do.

I wouldn’t ban fast tech either but I think that people should be put on warning that they have been having problems. I really hope they straighten themselves out because I really did like them.

I know I won’t be ordering anything without a tracking number from them again. My last three small orders have not shown up. I got the money back on the batteries I bought but it took forever and only after I filed with paypal.

good luck about getting those L4… it is a beautiful light among seas of C8 variants :slight_smile:

I hear a lot of people complaining about missing out on the L4.

I didn't even qualify as a 'forum member' of FastTech despite 60+ posts (I try to create value rather than waffle) and 18 verified reviews on top of spending well over a thousand bucks last year.I don't know how some people who only started becoming a flashaholic a few months back can already qualify for this.

I didn't even try to wake up at 10am this morning because being an unpaid shill just...doesn't pay.

FastTech isn't to blame for this fault, if you all can remember, they switched to a very decent host a few months back to increase their DDoS service protection. Anything to survive the hordes of masses would have to be built by the KGB, CIA, MI6, BND, ABC... in collaboration. Or by Google. Yeah, Google would beat them at that.

It's just that Christmas period and its related sales shopping isn't worth stressing over no matter where you go. The rush and the stress are the same anywhere. I live in a city with barely more than 1 million people with nothing like Black Friday sales, but the whole period is worse than a scene from The Walking Dead. One wrong move and people bite your head off.

A very wise lady with a great voice once said, "Don't save it all for Christmas Day. Find a way to give a little love everyday."

</rant>

just e-mail customer service at Wallbuys and complain about their server crashed while I was trying to pay for my purchase.
so they let me buy HD2010 for $20 halfway point between the sale price and the regular price…
now… why can’t Fasttech offer us something like this? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well that’s cool, $20 for an HD2010 is a great deal.

Managed to score the $0.01 flashlight after about 10 or so minutes of fighting with it. I still can’t decide whether I love or hate fasttech. I’ve got some really good stuff from them, but at the same time a lot of my packages still haven’t showed up. I’m guessing my order of button cell batteries from August probably never will |(

I have had the pleasure(?) of getting two of those Police 3W flashlights, and they’re worth somewhere between free and $0.01. J)

I know, I used to buy them for a few bucks before I became a true flashaholic and saw the light. I figure for a penny it’ll be a good loaner to give to dumb friends that forget to bring their own lights when I go hiking at night or for bonfires and such.

Well hopefully I didn’t woke up on time for fasttech sales, it’s the same as wallbuys (server unavailable).
I don’t know who proposed the cartomizer but at the time I write it there still 35 left.