Help me choose a thrower

That’s not just a standard run of the mill HID (like say something popular like an FF4 or one of the generic china ones). Something cheap like that is actually pretty delicate (compared to an LED). You’re talking about a light designed and sold specifically for use in a high impact environment as being able to be rifle mounted.

So to answer my initial question “can a regular HID light handle the shock” the answer is likely “no”, or “possible for a little bit”.

Frag - carting a big lens spot on top of rifle, plus wires and battery is a pain, and if you’re at 12lbs already for your rife you sure don’t want more. Sounds like you need a change in hunting strategy for your site.

Here in Canterbury NZ we also shoot big flat areas at times but we don’t shoot from a fixed vantage point. We use 4x4s. You also may need to find a 4x4 and set yourself up with HID operated from truck window to spot animals at 700m or so, then spotlight off, drive closer and pop your roos etc at maybe 200-300m using a rifle plus good range scope torch like the maxtochs. Works well.

Our boys shoot alot of wallabies here and for night shooting we use dedomed maxtochs to about 250-300m. If animals further away we simply drive closer. This tactic does the job 100%.

No, he said an automotive style HID will stand up to the rigors of a gun just fine, Lightforce make lightweight polycarbonate automotive lights (and handheld spotlights IIRC). What it isnt, is a flashlight which you appear to have assumed.

Still waiting for delivery of the m24s ordered on 26/9
Can’t be much longer can it…

Send email to amanda/Tery - they will track:

amanda@maxtoch.cn

I keep hoping for a little card in my post box each day…
we shall see :slight_smile:

The item has been dispatched from Sweden Post, Direct Link’s international terminal for onward transport abroad.

Not entirely sure what that means…
I think it’s on the slow boat.

Amanda on the other hand was nice and fast to respond.

Chinese companies had a hell of a problem getting stuff freighted ex china recently - esp if it contained batteries. Keep in touch with her and she’ll look after you.

Arrived today.
doesn’t look half bad :slight_smile:

M24 a fine light for its size/weight/price - really comes into its own when dedomed.

Yeah. Only have the batteries in my tn12 and mini mag with me at work. Will have to wait till tonight to test.
well boxed… ie they wrapped tape arround it all to semi waterproof the package… no bubble wrap tho.
will see if i can get a image to host and link properly for once and will put some shots up