Single 18650 XHP50 Driver! Self designed driver, check it out!

Haha! What would be a fair price?

Parts alone are over 12….

If You produce 200 the price sinks! 8)

Well for sure, but then what if I only sell 10 to you, and the random 1-2, it is one of those “nice idea, not a lot of market for it” ideas. I will check what the first price break is, i’ll test for thermal, and maybe get these bad boys for sale end of feb.

I don’t know how the rest of the flashlight modding fans think.
But I have about 10 Ideas for this driver.

One in My Jax Z1 with XP50
One for my Convoy S2+ with a MT-G2
another for my C8
one in my Convoy L2

I’m looking for a driver like this since months.
The only driver like this one is working in the shadow JM35.

Perhaps you could combine forces with RMM (BLF), Richard at MTNelectronics? He builds and sells quite a few custom drivers (Among many other items) to flashlight modders.

Im actually ordering a convoy S2+ but can’t for the love of god find a 6V direct thermal 16mm board for the 5x5 emitters (in stock). Anyone want to donate one? We gotta check runtime and thermal ability :D:D

I’d buy them here…

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_114&product_id=456

J4 tint is really good…

For an XHP50, the 6v configuration is the same as XM-L2 footprint. XM Noctigon/Sinkpad work fine.

I got that, but its the whole “in stock” thing, and I’m not super patient.

I want one of these: NOCT-XM16MCPCB

Anyone with an s2+ host in black :smiley:

I’m in contact with bugsy36 about MP so we’ll see what happens.

Edit: I see now you wanted 16mm

http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-xm16-v2-mcpcb-cree-xhp50-j4-1d-led-p-887.html

But you have to be patient with the delivery of this store… takes about 3 weeks at least.

-With the S2+ you have a XML sized reflector. But you can drill it up.
There are already people usingt MT-G2s and XHP-50s in this light.
There was some thread here about it. But can’t find it at the moment.-

edit: not true mixed that up with the XHP-70
XHP-50 should fit.

This driver sounds great!

It would be awesome for those who are tired of small triples and want to make single 18650 lights with MTG2, XHP50 or XHP70, or for those are want something bigger but don’t like using 2 lithium ion cells in series for safety reasons.

To the original poster: After you finish testing your boards and perfect the design, I recommend contacting Richard at Mountain Electronics (RMM on Budget Light Forum). He can probably take care of manufacturing and selling the drivers for you. A lot of people on this forum are looking for this kind of driver and his shop is the best place on the Internet to buy specialty flashlight parts like this.

Great!

How much lumen do you get from an XHP-50 and a XHP-70 @3A?

:wink:

Nice!

I'm in for at least 1 :)

I think $15 would be a good price, but even at $20 you’d probably get quite a few sales. A lot of modders have been waiting for something like this.

I suggest contacting RMM and asking him to build and sell the driver for you. Perhaps you can negotiate a small commission on each sale. It likely wouldn’t be much… you won’t get rich from it. But it would get your driver out to the modding community with hopefully minimal additional work on your part.

I know RMM himself was working on a driver like this last summer. He abandoned the project thinking it didn’t give enough of a benefit over small triples. However, a lot of us modders are still seeking a driver like this.

A lot of members eschew liion in favor of nimh cells and prefer the AA format as well. There are few driver choices for this available and none programmable off the shelf. Stacked boards would be a start and using the at tiny mmu would help with spacing. It’s only a matter of time before integration puts more of the hardware into single package designs(consider the space/weight constraints of interplanetary exploration, they will need flashlights too) or the development of solid state coil replacements(nano fields). But for now we’re stuck with the strengths and weaknesses of current hardware so please do continue.

I mean I could try… haha Give me a sec, I want to see if it is even possible.

Nothing that I saw could pull 1.5 up to 6V, with any current.

I think what people (me too) want for a AA-boost driver is one that drives 3V LEDs with decent current (2amps+) from a 1.2V NiMh-cell.

EDIT: Ok, 2 amps might be a bit much to ask for. 1.5 A would be great, even 1 A would be nice.