Do you think there is too much complaining/bashing of dealers on this forum?

Personally I think its fair to complain, but maybe not in any and every thread that business is involved in. However, I also think its fair that members will scrutinse your complaints, and dissect it in the same way. Especially thos that have had good deals from businesses, and have not experienced the same issues. It seems odd that I would not have any issues in 6 months, but people seem to have nothing but problems with the same sellers. Its odd, when they act as if that problem was personal, like the business is targeting them. Its odd they repeat business with them enough to have a long history of problems. Id stop at the second if not the first unsatisfactory result.

Im going to guess posting from a phone.

That complaint IIRC was misspoken, and not to be taken literally. An additional decimal place, plus the incorrect use of mv. They meant .01v and clarified that later on in that thread. Which to some people matters. They want 4.2v to be at least 4.18, and no more than 4.22. With an error of .01v, it could be 4.10 or 4.30.

It would be interesting to look over the purchases you made to see why you have been so unlucky (no Im not asking too, just saying). I cant help but feel in some way your CHOICES are contributing, or your expectations might be too high. I have made over 30 purchases in under 6 months, Ive dealt with most of the Chinese sellers that commonly appear here, not one real issue so far, with the exception of recent battery delays. Im still not out of pocket at all.

I certainly cant see how I could assume they are dishonest in intent from the start, as Ive not experienced it at all. You would think the odds would be Id have several dishonest dealings by now if it was widespread as dishonesty would infer. It seems clear to me there is more complexity in the issues, but people like to boil it down to something that no longer reflects reality, but fits anger and a sense of being personally targeted.

Clearly, we havent done nearly enough. People definitely need to be far more vocal with their poor purchasing experiences and stop excepting shoddy merchandise, CS lies, mislabeled, broken, damaged or used items. Especially those members who are in a position to offer meaningful opinions: ie: have spent many thousands of dollars each year, every year for several years and have amassed thousands of transactions across hundreds of sku’s and developed personal relationships with vendors, sales reps and paypal dispute supervisors. Its time for us as a group to start being more prudent with our buying experiences to help weed out the poor performers. The ones that mistreat us are even worse to the regular guys that dont know any better. We represent a very small fraction of the typical vendor sales volume, so its prudent that we enforce the code of ethics and post our poor experiences so others can find our posts in google search.

Im very pleased with many of our member comments that have appeared recently in new sales threads posted by several vendors. Comments like, “why didnt you reply to any of my dozen emails”, or “Why do you continue to ignore me and not answer my questions”. These are red flags to avoid vendors that mistreat and ignore our members. For now on, I wont let these comments slide and continue to ask the idiot vendor the same question repeatedly until they reply to the member. Please chime in and do the same to protect your fellow blf member. Remember, we only have the strength of a group if we all stick up for each other.

Then there are companies that play well outside the rules of any ethics and honesty… like wb and bg. Theses two in particular have excelled at accumulating massive amounts of paypal disputes while still remaining in business. Hopefully wb will soon lose its paypal privileges after they conclude their investigations. Shitty companies like these deserve to be targeted by scud launchers, and Id be more than happy to press the button.

Yes.They’re there for their amusement. On the other hand, you’re going to have to get your amusement or theirs, somewhere else.They’re fixing their battery holder over there while you’re watching your lumens with your flashlight. De tail of de fox almost got caught by de sign on de fence. Once you figure out how much wood would the woodchuck chuck then chuck some wood on the woodchuck, would ya?

Some complaints are legitimate. For instance direct errors or no delivery at all.

But many of the most popular dealers can keep low prices and free shipping by reducing manual customer support and increasing automated cs and messages, increasing bulk volume and using slow freight carriers that can be cheap just because they are slow. The reason to buy from these dealers is to get the low price and free shipping. Then it is strange that some seem to expect the same service, rapid expedition and quick shipping as from a much more expensive shop.

If you need or want fast individual and personal customer service and quick delivery, you shouldn't use the cheapest dealers and free shipping alternatives and then complain about the dealer or the freight carrier being slow. You get what you pay for. Maybe...

Ifyou don't get what you pay for, then it is OK to complain. And those are complaints that are very useful to others.

Once a dealer came on BLF with a special discount.
And he was just unloading defective lights with damaged exteriors.
I think it was manafont, but I can’t remember.
I went through all the hassle sending photos, etc.
and finally got a refund.
So I would watch out for that kind of deception.
Does anyone know what other sites are run by the
manafont people. ?

i think buyer and seller should make an agreement on shipping time ,
how much time for delivery , and how much shippment cost should
be paid for different methods of delivery . Make it more clearly before
order .it won’t have any issues happen .

As someone new to flashlights I find threads with comments good or bad on various seller’s extremely helpful
It can be quite a lottery buying from a lot of these places so the more info you can find about a seller or company before hand so much the better
Especially if your spending a good few pounds or you need something in a hurry.

sometimes more info is a good thing and as someone already said,if complaining threads don’t interest you, then just don’t read them.

Often though, far from being to many threads, there is never enough
I recently made the mistake of not checking out a company properly, I checked all the threads about the torch I wanted to buy on here, all good comments, reviews etc, all good, until it took a month to arrive by airmail :frowning:

I voted Yes.

I think that all that complaining is prohibitive for future Group Buys. I guess that both the intermediary and the seller gets tired of all that hazzle.
But what do I care - I can only buy for $14 in any one order - grump, grump.

Sellers feedback is a good thing, positive or negative. Sellers bashing is another. I think there have been a growing share of the latter lately.

There has been a lot of negative comments floating around - some that I have made myself as well… I think as long as its kept appropriate - feedback of both negative and positive transactions should be openly discussed.

If a thread gets hijacked or descends into an argument though perhaps its best to take the discussion to PM or argue with the seller directly.

Well that might be the contentious point, they arent able to converse with someone trying to avoid them, or deliberately obfuscating the facts…

Seems to me that the vendors that consistently mess up get pretty consistent feedback along those lines.

Oppositely, the guys that really deliver over time get their reputation built, and get more business.

I think we all have common-sense-o-meters that tell us when people are rants are coming from a rational or irrational place, right?

squeaky light get the NyoGel?

Send me a light that is not as promised and as shown and I’ll get in your face. Get it right then accolades and praise will follow. I’m an equal opportunity black cloud.

But shipping time I’m tolerant about; our own USPS has —dropped- the ball Edit my light more than a few times.

Southland, you just got three lights that was perfect in your own words, so I can guess how you voted. I find that uplifting so hope mine from that group buy is still in one piece when I get it.

Cheers

I have read and contributed to feedback threads and have noted that at least one seller, RMM at Mountain Electronics, seems to have zero negative feedback posts that I could find. Additional checking found nothing negative about Illumination Supply either in a quick check. Both AMERICAN suppliers who carry quality items in my experience.

I do wish that feedback, negative or positive, be limited to the Budget Dealer Experiences feedback forum. When you find a good dealer give them positive feedback too as both positive and negative feedback are educational and useful. Negative dealer comments have no use in light review, modification and discussion threads IMO.

I think feedback wether good or bad is great to help others make a informed decision if the seller is a fast shipper or not.
I bought the Ultrafire LW12 that 18sixfifty reviewed from lights castle in March , at the end of May the wrong light turned up and I was left with the choice of paying to return it (hoping they will refund) or buying another torch hoping this one will be corect.
I chose the latter and two months later I am still waiting for the bloody thing to arrive and I forgot the PayPal 45 day limit … Dohhh
If some one had said that the service from lights castle sucks I wouldn’t have ordered in the first place

So I say name and shame all dealers who use a painfully slow delivery method
The price difference between free and and extra $25 for faster shipping is a lot for one torch
I would have paid an extra $10 to get it within a month now I doubt I’ll ever see the torch that I originally ordered in March

Complaining is a privilege. Who doesn’t complain about something. Sometimes I complain to myself that I complain too much. One of my favorite lines is “Damn the wine, damn the whine”. On the other hand, sometimes it’s enough to just type it out and then delete without posting or come up with milder language in order to give the impression that I’m well mannered. 0:) Other times it’s damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. |(

Too much complaining, never :wink:

Too much bashing, definately J)

Cheers David

Who has access to test equipment even capable of measuring to that sort of resolution? I’m sure no one on this forum, but there are always people I like to call Merchant Bankers (rhyming slang). Every forum has them.

It was me, i made a mistake, i typed 0.011 instead of 0.11. My charger was showing/charging 0.11v wrong. It even charged my Sanyo 2600 mah to 4.31v, it was detecting the cells voltage to low, and therefore, overcharge them.

Its clearly defective at one slot. But, Gearbest did refund me for it, so its all good, my experience with them was good, ive had some issues with them, but they always came clean, Dora is fantastic CS.

As an aside

You will find that cells will charge to different voltages dependant on age and condition of you cell, you must also allow for inaccuracies in both you meter and charger unless you are using calibrate laboratory equipment. You should never expect to see 4.2V, some chargers will force a cell to 4.2 that’s not always a good thing.

My old Pilla charges between about 4.15V and 4.19v depending on the cells I’m charging.