Do you think there is too much complaining/bashing of dealers on this forum?

4.3 is a bit off the mark though and cause for complaint. Even my crummiest chargers aren’t that bad.

Sorry i don’t buy that inaccurate equipment excuses, the cells ALWAYS come at 4.18/4.20 at the other slots, you want to tell me that my multimer ALWAYS show wrong values only on that slot??

And yes, i’m aware that old cells can be harder to detect, but its 4.31v! its too much even for older cells. The charger it self is also decently accurate with voltage readout, and it confirms my multimer readouts, just 0.01/0.02 difference…

I’m fine with 4.15, even i prefer it for the cells life, don’t care if its 4.15 or 4.20, just i don’t want anything over 4.20, let alone 4.30…

My post wasn’t aimed directly you, it was just a note to readers who seem to think there is something wrong with a charger if cells don’t come off the charger @ 4.20V.

My apologises if you read it differently. :slight_smile:

No problem :slight_smile:

I voted “NO”.
They should really clean up their acts.

I question if that complaint was ever done or just a way of exaggerating things .

Anyway I think there is typo there as 0.001 mV is extremely hard to measure to say the least, so I can assume it's about 0.001 V.

0.001V resolution is not a big deal for a $50 DMM.

Dazed1 made a mistake. A typo. He’s been owning up to it ever since. See post #39 here and additional posts elsewhere.

Every individual will have a different opinion on what “complaining” and “bashing” mean. Therefore, what is one person’s acceptable level of complaining will be excessive, or ever bashing, to another. However, I would suggest two items that would make the complaining I see in the forums more useful:

(1) State clearly and thoroughly what the issue is in the forum, and in your emails to suppliers. Some complaints are so vague “XXXX company did not reply to four emails I sent about my faulty flashlight!”. How far apart where these emails sent? What is the actual fault (maybe someone on the forum can help)? What was said in the emails? Remember, 99.99% of us here are ordering items from companies that typically do not have people that can accurately read your email in whichever non-Chinese language it was sent. So if you sent four emails in a span of 24 hours that stated “My flashlight is bad and I want my money back!!!” the supplier, even if honest and diligent, will need some time to translate and likely will ask some issues before refunding your money.

(2) Follow up with the resolution. Yes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but please do not use these forums for demanding a refund publicly for the single task of getting that refund. Once you get that refund, people are sated and then there is sometimes no clear follow up to the issue stated in the forum…what happened in the end? If you use the forum to ask for something from a supplier, then be sure to follow up with the results - good or bad - in the forum.

I recently posted my observations on what I considered a manufacturer’s design issues with a flashlight I ordered on a group buy and I was offline offered a refund from the supplier. I did not take the refund because the light still worked……just had some issues I felt needed to be stated. This was not bitching, just my observations (I made a point in the first post on the flashlight to state what I felt was good, and what I felt was bad).

And, yes, some of the delivery issues with Chinese suppliers are partially or all the suppliers fault. There is stiff competition for orders with many suppliers offering the same product, so if a particular supplier does not have something in stock they will sometimes lie about the ship date. This way they can source the not in stock part(s) and ship at a later date and then blame the shipper. I see this all the time in the industrial world I work in with parts made and/or supplied by Chinese suppliers.

I voted no when this thread started but I’d like to recast my vote for yes. All I need to say is the K50 GB thread………fellas, pull your pants up and get over being butt hurt. You received a $250 light for what, like $100 and with very little mod work it throws nearly 1 MILE! Be happy dang it!

BLF used to mean Budget Light Forum with a HEAVY emphasis on building and modding
BLF is now starting to become B*TCHING (about) Lights Forum with no emphasis on building or modding

Heck my K50 has 545,000 lux! Thats ridic awesome, so for someone to b*tch about a slight ano matching issue is freakin nuts to me. We use flashlights in the dark, thus you never see it. If people want to complain then do it to the supplier, dont fill our forum with your crap! There are a few people I wish I could take their K50s and smack them over the head with it, REALLY HARD! Maybe they will smarten up and stop being a DBag………….Just saying

Wallbuys outright cheated me, they ripped me off with a tiny refund offer, and then never sent it, and refuse to answer emails or efforts at contact.

That is just stealing.

Thanks for moderating, do you still shop at Wallbuys?

So this is the second thread that I have posted on complaining about the same merchant, it seems relevant to this thread.

What have your last 5 posts been about?

Alright, let’s drop this topic for a little while, or else tempers will start to flare. I’m thinking about creating a new poll: “Do you think there is too much complaining about complaining/bashing of dealers on this forum?” :stuck_out_tongue:

We need a third option because this is clearly an “it depends” kind of answer. life is just not that binary.

A long time ago I learned about the 80-20 rule. The so called Non-Pareto-Rule of Joseph Juran. On average you have to spend about 80% of your time/attention to 20% of your activities/projects. This 80-20 can be 90-10 or even higher when you’re dealing with some first-time project or first-time customers. Or business-partners from another culture. Who know quite well that their answer to you should be “no”, but who say “yes” or “later” just not to offend you. I that case you should go the extra mile (or yard).

Reflect on what you’re dealing with: a case of default of just miscommunication. A (non too emotional) PM might solve the puzzle. And everybody is happy. If that doesn’t work you can take more serious action. Like going public. Unless you’re dealing with a bunch of criminals 0:)

A big company has obviously more customers than those who complain. Chances are these are (all?) satisfied customers. That’s what you call a silent majority.

Call it what you will, but being honest about a product or trade is integral to other’s buying decisions.

Trying to silence your critics or even worse, trying to defame their credibility in order to gain advantage which you dont deserve is down right nasty and of course criminal.

When you have companies out there like Maxtoch who claim to be an OEM yet sell less than 200 lights per year, and then throw a tantrum to one average feedback like they did to me, people have every right to express their side of the story when the corruption at Aliexpress fails to “protect the buyer”. Flat out lying is rife in most of Chinese industry, and we need to keep exposing it.

The thing that pisses me off the most is Aliexpress automatically giving 5 star feedback if you don’t give any feedback, artificially inflating sellers feedback.

The good sellers from China are few and far between, and sites like this really help weed out the bad ones. Im not saying the majority of products are bad, but the majority of sellers, are.

Chris

Part of the problem is that since a certain percent of anything has a problem, only a certain percent of people will get a problem item, and the rest will get a “fine”/”great” item. If people take a “you are just whining, stop complaining” attitude, they are ignorantly going to reduce data of what is going on, how many items is this issue showing up in? What issues exactly are showing up? How bad is the issue when it does show up? Etc., etc.

On the other hand, if someone keeps complaining or being rude about what happened, they are going to annoy everyone into not wanting to hear it. So, somewhere in between is best. Personally, I’d rather see someone’s complaint and have the option to ignore it than have a bunch of “be quiet, my light/item was fine” comments, those are actually more annoying than the original complaint, and ironically are just producing more of what they are supposedly trying to prevent. Pot calling the kettle black and such…

So yes, the truth is somewhere in between, and “whine on” if you wish, at your own peril of annoying others and getting ignored. And complain about the complainers, or complain about the complainers complaining about the complainers, and increase the level of complaints if you want, but you aren’t helping anything and you are recursively just increasing the base level of complaints you are complaining about and making the problem worse.

I would prefer to know about true dealer problems rather than individual item failures unless the item failures become too frequent such as the number of posts I have seen regarding Thrunite failures of their high output AA light. Dealers who do not deliver or who are a PITA to deal with are definitely ones I want to know about. Need the equipment failures posted about though to know if it is a trend.