Hello all, I’m new to flashlights

Hello everyone!

I just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself.
I’m Stephanie born and raised in Lebanon, currently living in Norway. I’m a musician and composer but currently working as a bike courier for a food delivery company.
I just ordered a few flashlights from Ali Express: a Wurkkos TS10 in brass with 3000K leds and orange aux, a copper Acebeam Pokelit AA, a convoy S2+ with 519A and a Lumintop silver fox. These will be my entry into the world of flashlights. I haven’t owned any advanced flashlight before so I’m a complete noob but I’ve already read quite a lot about flashlights this past month or so and I’m pretty excited.

6 Thanks

All good choices. Welcome to BLF

1 Thank

Thanks for signing up, StephM!
I don’t know how good of an idea it is to post your email address.
You may receive spam. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Thank

Thank you for pointing this out. I hadn’t noticed my email was visible. Don’t know how that happened as I definitely haven’t set my email in the name field. Anyway, I removed it now.

That’s some fancy “first lights”. You basically started off with all the community favorites in one go. Good choice!

1 Thank

:smile:
Well, I researched quite a bit before deciding on what to buy, watched tons of vids on YT, read reviews on zero air and 1lumen etc. In addition, I read about the different LEDs used in flashlights, the different brands, CRI, temperature, UI…I like going deep into details. And I love brass and copper so I had to have at least one of each…I’m also very excited to try Andúril 2.

Welcome! Nice first lights.

1 Thank

Sensing knowledge potential from this Grasshopper. Great Choices!
Welcome to our Jungle and remember the Motto “Hold onto your Wallet” :slight_smile:
These things are addictive.

1 Thank

Holding onto my wallet shouldn’t be too difficult for me considering I have a low income, barely any savings since I had to start a new life from scratch 3 years ago and that I have bills to prioritise. Apart from batteries and maybe a flashing kit down the line, those flashlights I just bought are going to be the only ones for quite a while…

Re flashing kit: WTS : USB-UPDI Flashing adapters for Attiny1616/AVR32DD20 drivers (Sofirn/Wurkkos/Firelylite)

thefreeman sells them for cheap on the forum, but since he is in EU, shipping to US might be too steep.

1 Thank

:wink: @ebastler

Oops, I clicked Muto instead of StephM by mistake when checking where they are from :smiley:

2 Thanks

Welcome! If you want to learn more about how various flashlights perform and compare to others, check out 1Lumen.com for reviews and information.

This hobby is a unique one and the sky is the limit!

1 Thank

Thank you! I’m already acquainted with 1lumen as I have mentioned a few messages above in this post :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome Steph. Great choice in lights.

1 Thank

Welcome aboard !

1 Thank

Welcome!!

1 Thank

Welcome, all those are awesome lights

1 Thank

Thank you! I’m eagerly waiting for them, it’s tough to wait, it feels way too long… :laughing:

1 Thank

I totally understand. I’m waiting on 2 fireflylite and one wurkkos TS10 and I watch the tracking religiously. It’s painful to have to wait when you’re excited to get them

1 Thank