Review: Solarforce L2T Stainless Steel - I think I bought a shiny brick.

Yes, it’s not my cup of tea but I like it for being so unashamedly bold. :bigsmile: How heavy is it? Is the rubber grip thing easy to remove?

I love Solarforce but it’s a little pimpish for me. I never like the look of SS lights. Looks solid and well built however.

Thanks for the nice review.

1. Very. Haha, the website states 300g body only, so, with P60 and batteries can easily amount to 375g. In contrast, a standard L2T is only 100g. That's three times the weight of a standard L2T. I'm scared of killing someone's pet by dropping it on their heads. Accidentally of course.
  2. Yup, I've actually altered the order of the rubber rings so it's flat, wedge, flat. They're thick, but still relatively soft.

[quote=IndyArcher]

Seems like maybe the model ought to be the L2Kardashian, though. That's some serious bling for a light!

[/quote]

+1. Why aren't you the guy who names these things? That's spot on.

Yeah, gotta wear dem steelcaps when walking around with this baby. Don't want no broken foot.

There exist a solarforce that Foy does not like? Wow! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the pics ramblings, I think this is a good looking light.

Thanks very much for the review! Frontpage’d and Sticky’d.

What an honour! :D

Good onya, mate!

I agree the SS L2T is a bit gaudy. The cross-hatch reminds me of the Peu Pineapple body. I much prefer Foy’s polished L2T. I will mention that while SS doesn’t anodize you can color it using heat. Think “flame finished”. There was a thread on CPF several years back showing SS hosts “flame finished”. The one that comes to mind was the Aurora 032 and an Arkoray SS clone.

I had one, far to heavy to be praticle, sold it a week after I bought it.

Haha, pretty sure we addressed the practicality issue above.

OK, so I just got a Solarforce M6 and this L2T SS in the mail today with a few accessories. A couple of lights I have been thinking about for a while but never got around to buying. Figured I would like the M6 better and just bought the L2T SS just because it was stainless and you never know when SF will discontinue a light. Well the M6 got relegated to a storage box pretty quickly, not that it’s a bad light but it’s just ordinary compared to the L2T SS. Until you see one in person, you won’t understand how beautiful this light is. The most bling of any light I have and built like a tank. These pictures don’t convey hold brightly polished this light is, almost like looking into a mirror.

Ramblings, if they saw one in person, their comments would be more positive.

Yep. My pictures most certainly don't do it justice.

It's almost heavily chromed to the very edge as opposed to slightly brushed in my pictures.

Man I have always wanted one of these. Just never got around to getting one. :frowning: I do love all my Solarforce hosts though. :heart_eyes: Such a successful company.

It can double as a hammer. VERY HEAVY. But a nice looking light indeed. :wink:

SHINEY! :open_mouth:

About the steel. I think it might be 304, as their X2 and X3 lights are made of. Nice article on this steel grade:

very jealous. I've always wanted one.

I didn’t make a flashlight with the L2T Special Edition but it really is a beauty! OP pretty much nailed how I feel about it

OK. Do tell please. What type of laser is that? Is it a P60 type of drop in replacement? :slight_smile: