Review: Solarforce L2T Stainless Steel - I think I bought a shiny brick.

I thought my LD41 was heavy at 200g minus batteries.
Attach a good lanyard and it would be one hell of a defensive tool, mind you belting someone with it would most likely get you a GBH charge.
I have 2 solarforce lights enroute and i had to check the weight incase i ordered a brick myself the Solarforce L2n ($18.95 us) 85g excluding drop-in modules and batteries thank god and the solarforce P1 ($20.80 us) host is 68g excluding drop-in modules and batteries so panic over. Bloody Solarforce 980 Lumens XM-L2 U2 3 mode led cost more than the hosts.

btw don’t let the girlfriend belt you with her handbag if she is carrying the light she could maim you, so yes dear no dear and run like hell.

The solarforce produced drop-ins are average at best.

Stated lumens are around 30% more than stated. (Your 980lm drop-in probably measures around 700lms on a fresh charge)
Drop-ins are so easy to make, and a great stepping stone into modding.

17mm driver + empty P60 + 16mm LED on MCPCB = multitudes of possibilities.

I’m interested in it but the body tube is so thin. Will it more durable than normal L2 with aluminium alloy? SS body tube diameter is 22 mm. Since the inner diameter should be around 18.5-19 mm then the body tube won’t be thicker than 1.75 mm each side!?

The 22 mm is only the tube diameter at the threads he body tube of the L2T SS, having a thickness of 2 mm, which pritty good actually.
With added dropin this light has a weight of 224 g respectively nearly 8 oz., which is really damned heavy for a light of this size.

I love it, as i like the SF L2 series at all, for the possibility to change parts around and playing a bit of Flashlight-Lego.
But you should consider that the L2T SS is the “prototype” of a typical very nice looking flashlight, which has to spend 99,9 % of its live in the vitrine, and typically “get’s out” in one, two maybe three times a year, for some plyaying or showing around. :slight_smile:

Of course the L2T SS is much more durable than the normal L2 with aluminium alloy, in terms of you can use the SS preety good has a hammer as well.
For some regular use a normal L2 with aluminium alloy will be the better choice for your personal durability. :wink:

I could be totally gangstah with that light…

Durability will not be a problem. SS is much stronger than aluminum.

As southland said, durability is not an issue… heat dissipation will be though. If you are not just trying to build a hot rod I would not be worried.

This is still on my list of wants, but went AWOL a while back after being released, and now there are other things I want first…

They still need to bring back the SS L2m with A001 head… They sell for WAY too much when they are actually found for sale

O.K. It’s a lot cheaper now too. It’s worth a try, I think.

If you want a SS p60 host, its worth a try. I already have one, but in my preferred 18350 format, so this isnt at the top of my list…

Oh, I was watching Pacquiao while commenting and made a mistake, even rigt now. lol
Yeah, It’s worth a try.

I still want one, but got limited funds ATM with too many other upgrades in lights to catch up on. If you know the thermal limitations on the light, it will be a great host. Dont expect it to be the best triple host…

I think It’s heat management is still better than some plastic headlamps these days, though.